1. How much does this cost me? 2. So how does Moran’s benefit from this? 3. What incentive does Moran’s have to make my products available on your website? 4. How will you notify me that there is an order? 5. How long do I have from the time the order is placed, to when it needs to be picked up? 6. How will I receive payment? 7. Should I advertise to my customers? 8. Is there a minimum order for the customer? 9. What is the delivery service charge to the customer? 10. What if a customer doesn’t want alcohol with their purchase? 11. How will you package my product if there is no alcohol? 12. Can an order be delivered/picked up on the same day it is ordered? 13. What are the hours for delivery/pickup? 14. Who can I contact if I have questions about an order? 15. Can I make changes to an order after it has been submitted? 16. Where do my customers go to pick up their order? 17. How are orders delivered to customers? 18. Does the recipient need to provide ID? 19. Do you handle any product complaints? 20. If someone is placing an order as a gift, how does the recipient know who the order is from? 21. How do you use customer data? 22. How much will you be making off my products?
FAQ Questions & Answers
1. How much does this cost me? There is no cost to be a Gift Basket Partner of Moran’s Liquor Works. We do not expect a discounted rate on your products, and we will not charge you any fees.
2. So how does Moran’s benefit from this? Moran’s typically adds on around a 8-10% mark-up to the customer on products purchased from other retailers as a convenience fee, and to compensate for any background work we do here at Moran’s. Background work includes picking up your products, providing delivery, in some cases, assembling gift baskets (and gift basket supplies), back-end website work and maintenance, responding to customer inquiries, marketing gift-baskets and the biggest benefit, expanding customer base.
3. What incentive does Moran’s have to make my products available on your website? Our biggest aims are to collaborate with and promote other local businesses. Our community is important to us, and to our customers. We aim to target the higher-paying customer by offering unique products that contain a true sense of value, as well as convenience. Currently, we have our minds set on expanding the customer base, both for you and for ourselves. We want to expose other amazing local businesses (like yours) to our customers, as well, we would like your customers to be aware of our store and our offerings.
4. How will you notify me that there is an order? We can agree on the best mode of message delivery. For us, an email or a text message would be the best way to communicate but we are able to compromise on a way in which would be best and most convenient for you.
5. How long do I have from the time the order is placed, to when it needs to be picked up? At minimum, there is a 27-hour window from the time of order placement, to delivery. The cut-off time is at 9am, so if a customer places an order at 9am, their earliest delivery is at noon the following day, provided they order sun-fri. However, we have noticed that most of our customers place their orders in the evening, and typical shortest delivery time would be closer to a 36 hour window. With that being said, most of the orders that we currently receive have at least a 48 hour window, which is what we want to aim for, without being too limiting.
6. How will I receive payment? We can discuss the best method of payment that works for you. Typically, we will probably just plan on bringing a check when we pick-up the products from you.
7. Should I advertise to my customers? Absolutely! In order for the venture to be the most successful, all of the businesses involved will be advertising to their customers, and our message will be reached far and wide!
8. Is there a minimum order for the customer? There is no minimum order price for pick-up orders. There is a minimum order amount for deliveries, depending on the customers distance they are located away from our store. Delivery zones are divided into area codes and are as follows: Zone 1: $30 68506, 68510 Zone 2: $40 68502, 68508, 68588, 68503, 68583, 68505 Zone 3: $60 68520, 68526, 68516, 68512, 68522, 68528, 68524, 68521, 68504, 68507
9. What is the delivery service charge to the customer? There is a flat rate delivery charge to the customer in the amount of $2.95 per delivery.
10. What if a customer doesn’t want alcohol with their purchase? The customer is not required to order products from Moran’s with their purchase. We are formulating this website mostly for purchasing gifts, but also want customers to be ordering products for themselves. During the process of adding the item to their cart, they will be asked if they will have an option to add on their favorite beverages to their order. Beverage choices are fairly limited, to a few specific beers, wines, and spirits, but the customer also has an option to ask us to reach out to them if there is a different beverage that they desire. We aim to reduce online shopping fatigue by not asking the customer too many questions or providing too many options. The customer does not have the option to only order beverages, unless they are wrapped up nicely in a gift basket. We have a separate app/online shopping platform for same-day alcohol delivery.
11. How will you package my product if there is no alcohol? We encourage you to package your product nicely, if possible. Whether that be with a piece of twine tied around it, or in a nice bag. However, it is not required. We will handle individual purchases differently. If we know the customer is ordering the product as a gift, we will most likely use supplies to make it presentable - whether that means wrapping in kraft paper and twine, or simply adding a bow.
12. Can an order be delivered/picked up on the same day it is ordered? No. Our website is designed with a built-in delivery delay of one-two business days, depending on the time of day that the order was placed. Depending on how this goes with getting you, and other local businesses involved, we may increase that delivery delay and allow the customer to reach out to us if they need it sooner, in which case we may make special arrangements. It is almost guaranteed that during the holiday season, we will increase the delivery delay to two-three days.
13. What are the hours for delivery/pickup? Deliveries can be made between Noon-9pm Tuesday thru Saturday. Pick-ups can be made anytime during business hours, after their order has been fulfilled. At checkout, the customer is prompted to choose a time-slot with the same 2 day built-in delay and select a time between 9-5, or between 5-9. When the customer's order is ready for pick-up, they will receive an email notification.
14. Who can I contact if I have questions about an order? Please send an email to Moran’s Liquor Works at email@example.com. Once you are a confirmed gift basket partner, you will receive the personal phone numbers to Eric Bahm (owner) and Bridget Brice (office manager).
15. Can I make changes to an order after it has been submitted? We are able to assist you by making changes to an order after it has been submitted. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling Eric or Bridget for assistance.
16. Where do my customers go to pick up their order? Customers pick up their order at Moran’s Liquor Works which is located at 3400 A Street.
17. How are orders delivered to customers? Our in-house staff drive a company vehicle to deliver the customer's orders. If the customer orders alcohol with their purchase, we are required to make contact with an adult 21 years of age or older at the time of delivery.
18. Does the recipient need to provide ID? If the customer orders alcohol with their purchase, they will be required to show ID and verify they are of legal age.
19. Do you handle any product complaints? We will handle product complaints to an extent. If the customer has a complaint about your product in which we would not be able to adequately handle or satisfy the customer, we will notify you and have the customer reach out to you.
20. If someone is placing an order as a gift, how does the recipient know who the order is from? During the shopping process, the customer will have an option to include a gift note, or purchase a hand-made card as an add-on that includes a handwritten personal message to the recipient.
21. How do you use customer data? We only use customer data to provide quality service to the customer. We do not send marketing emails unless they give us consent to do so. Currently we do not send marketing emails at all, but probably will in the future.
22. How much will you be making off my products? We charge the customer an additional 8-10% on purchases made from our website for a convenience fee, including supplies used. For more detail, please see the question above named, “So how does Moran’s benefit from this?”
Still have questions?
Please feel free to reach out to us via email at email@example.com